Acupuncture for Female Infertility - Natural Conception
Pregnancy is a miracle of life. It’s a chance to nurture a growing soul within your body; a soul to protect, care for, and promise to love forever. Many young couples aspiring to grow their families face difficulty in fulfilling this wish of theirs.
While Western Medicine has evolved miraculously over the past decade, today's science offers modern solutions to the ailments of the body, and infertility is no exception. From IVF to hormonal therapy, there are several ways to help you start your own family.
However, when it comes to centuries-old holistic healing practices like acupuncture, you might be wondering if it has a scientific basis and whether it may be worth a shot. According to many researchers, acupuncture is used for thousands of years with a great deal of benefits for many couples looking to solve their fertility problems. But before we get into the details of acupuncture, you might want to skim through a brief introduction of female infertility and why you may be having trouble with natural conception in the first place.
What do you mean by Female Infertility?
According to the NIH’s resources on infertility, at least 11% of the women trying to conceive naturally will end up having trouble getting pregnant. while women trying to conceive naturally will face difficulty getting pregnant. Having trouble with fertility means failure to conceive naturally after a year of regular intercourse with no means of protection.
What Can Cause Female Infertility or Trouble in Natural Conception?
The trouble with natural conception can happen due to certain medical conditions or maybe idiopathic i.e. without any apparent cause. Acupuncture sessions help in restoring the balance of body functions in all these cases. On the other hand, female infertility can have various causes among which some of these listed below are the most common reasons.
• Blocked fallopian tubes
• An ovulatory cycles
• Hormone imbalances
• Fibroids, cysts, and polyps in the uterus
• Stressful lifestyle
• Mental health
• Metabolic disorders
• Endocrine dysfunction, etc.
While the rest of the time there was no reason at all. Gynecologists in such cases would express to you that all the reports are normal and to keep trying till you succeed. Another cause that we are not commonly aware of is stress.
Stress is quite often a root cause for a lot of health issues; starting from high blood pressure, gastric ulcerations to upset in the balance of our biological functions causing difficulty in reproductivity.
Natural conception requires a very delicate balance in hormonal functions and adequate responsiveness from the reproductive organs. This hormonal balance can be significantly impacted by the shift in moods and emotional fluctuations. Hence, the need for relaxation and stability is very important for couples who have trouble conceiving.
What Can Acupuncture Do to Help?
Acupuncture, as you might have heard before, relies on the insertion of fine needles into certain points on the body. It is popularly known to release blocked energy (also known as Qi) in our body. Restoring the flow of Qi to its normal state helps the body regain balance resulting in good health.
Meanwhile, there are three main physiological effects of acupuncture on fertility.
1. It promotes the release of neurotransmitters which help in the proper function of reproductive hormones and the respective organs.
2. It enhances proper blood circulation to the ovaries and uterus resulting in the production of healthy follicles and increasing the chances of conception respectively.
3. It activates the brain to release chemical compounds which help in combating anxiety and stress, as explained earlier is one such contributing factor for infertility.
Is Acupuncture a Suitable Choice for Me?
Regardless of age and medical history, acupuncture is a very safe procedure suitable for anybody. While Chances of natural pregnancy increase with Acupuncture, it can also be of great value before IVF procedures to increase the success rate, as recommended by many gynecologists. As a general rule, once you choose a reputable acupuncturist, the procedure is highly safe and with minimal pain.
In short, acupuncture can help in:
• Producing healthy follicles by stimulating ovarian function.
• Increasing the Endometrial (uterine lining) thickness.
• Regulating hormonal levels (Estrogen, progesterone, FSH, LH, etc.)
• Stabilizing mood and relaxation.
• Conceiving your child naturally.
• Easing pain during sexual intercourse.
• Clearing blocked fallopian tubes.
• Increasing the success rate of In Vitro fertilization cycle (IVF) Procedure before and after embryo transfer.
• To relieve symptoms during different stages of pregnancy like morning sickness, mood swings, fatigue, nausea and vomiting, Lower back, Sleeping problems, Cramping, etc.
How Safe is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a very safe and minimally invasive procedure, as long as the session is held by trained professionals. In terms of pain, acupuncture needles are extremely fine to avoid unpleasant experiences and the majority of times one expresses that they have not felt the prick either. This procedure lasts for about 20-40 mins depending on the patient's history.
At Ayushyaa Clinic, safety comes first and our highly qualified doctors are here to ensure the best experience possible for your specific case. We use the best quality imported sterile disposable needles (silver/copper) for the procedure every time, ruling out any possibility of health hazards.